School Groups and Barn Rentals
Create special memories at Schwallier’s Country Basket. We can help you plan an event customized to your group’s needs.
Parties (Barn Rentals)
We have a large variety of activities, including wagon rides into the orchards; pick your own raspberries, apples, and pumpkins and more. The upstairs of the barn can be reserved for your party (cost is $150 for 2 ½ hours of barn rental only), with picnic tables set up and available for your use. Click the link below to book your party online now. (Please note that the maximum capacity of the barn is 125 people.) Or contact us today to discuss your group needs. Thanks! Please note: A $50 deposit is required at a time of booking. The final payment is made, in person, the day of the rental.
Bonfire + Corn Maze
If you have a group (family, friends, co-workers, scouts, youth group, sports teams, etc.) that is looking for another great activity to do together, nothing beats the camaraderie of gathering around a bonfire after a run through our challenging corn maze. Groups can schedule private bonfires on weekend evenings (6 p.m.-8 p.m.) in September and any evening (6 p.m.-8 p.m.) in October. Bonfires are after market hours, so you get the place to yourself. You can either bring your own supplies, or we can provide them for you: $9/person for our bonfire kit, which includes s’mores, a hot dog and bottled water (plus entry to the maze). Bonfires are available weekends when the corn maze is open. Click the link below to check availability and to register. Make sure your group gets the chance to enjoy this unique fall experience!
During the months of September and October, Schwallier’s Country Basket will open the orchard to give school groups a firsthand opportunity to visit a working family farm. Weekday apple tours are led by our knowledgeable staff members and are a great educational experience. Students will learn about the farm, pollination, growing and raising apples, harvesting apples, and other fun farm facts. Group tours are $5 per person (teachers and aides are free). A $25 deposit is required at a time of booking. Final payment may be made in-person the day of the tour.
Each tour includes:
- Educational talk on the apple cycle from pollination to harvest.
- Time to visit with the farm animals, including baby goats.
- Fun time on the slide and the straw barn.
- A snack time consisting of a fresh donut, apple, and a cup of cider for each student.
- A trip to the pumpkin patch to pick a small pumpkin.
- A tour of the farm market store.
Note to teachers:
- Please bring a plastic bag for each student to carry their goodies in. Also, paper towels in case of mud, hand sanitizer, and a marker to label bags.
- The Tour is rain or shine so please have the students dress for conditions.
- Allergy warning: our facility does use eggs, wheat, tree nuts, and peanuts. If a tour participant has allergy issues, please have the person bring his/her own snack.
- Please include in your reservation the total number of students AND chaperones. We must know how many people total are part of the group so that we can prepare donuts and cider accordingly.
School Tours: $5/person (teachers and aides are free), there is a $25 deposit. The final payment is made, in person, the day of the tour.
Barn Rental: $150 for 2 ½ hours, there is a $50 deposit. The final payment is made, in person, the day of the rental.
Call 616-785-9896 or email [email protected] with further questions.